Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Have you stayed at the Merlin Beach Resort?

Hi





Just one of those last minute questions that I would love someone to answer for me if they have stayed at the Merlin Beach.





Do they have hairdryers in the rooms to save lugging mine?





I know others have posted that you get fresh pool towels every day but are you allowed to take them out with you if you go to another beach etc?





Have others taken their laundry into Patong itself or is there something closer to the hotel?





Everyone seems to advise catching the shuttle or TukTuk into Patong. Is it walkable or is that just not advisable?





Ok, I know this has turned into more than 1 question so I may as well add another now!!!





Has anyone stayed previously over New Year and gone to the resorts NYE Gala Dinner.? Feedback would be great as well as some advice as to whether we need to bring anything dressier for that night.





Thanks to anyone who takes the time to answer.





5 weeks and 1 day - so excited - so glad there is this forum to keep reading!





Lesley



Have you stayed at the Merlin Beach Resort?


Hi Lesley,





A little off topic but I only have 12 more sleeps! nah nah nah nah!!! Just kidding!





Reet xx



Have you stayed at the Merlin Beach Resort?


Hi Emjay



Stop Nah nah nah-ing, you have an exam to pass on Wed, get back to that studying!



Lee




Hi Lesley,



our family stayed at the Merlin Beach a couple of years ago.



I can%26#39;t remember seeing hairdryers in the rooms (I think from memory we had two connecting deluxe rooms). If you take yours from home remember to also take an adaptor.



With the towels, all you do is sign towels out and in so I can%26#39;t see why you can%26#39;t take them out of the resort. If you go to the other Merlin resorts to check them out, their towels are available for your use also.



Across the road outside the front of the resort is a little hut selling drinks which also has a laundry service. We used that a couple of times - clothes came back lovely, sorry I can%26#39;t remember costs.



It is quite a long way to walk especially in the heat, even at night the air is still hot - we used to catch the cattle truck (you need to book a time before hand) in to Patong and then grab a tuk tuk back when we were finished for the night.



Sorry, can%26#39;t help with the last question but I would assume the resort would put on some great show!



Nicky




Hi Lestel,



I have stayed at the Merlin Beach Resort before a few times. Last time was last year.





You don%26#39;t need to take a hairdryer with you, they have them in the rooms. We stayed in the deluxe suites. Which is good as it is one more thing you don%26#39;t have to worry about taking.





We did take the towels to the beach and tours etc. You just have to remember to bring them back.





There is a laundry service across road near tuk tuk drivers, although I did take mine into Patong.





You can%26#39;t really walk into Patong, bit too far. There is a complimentry bus that runs into Patong or the Tuk Tuk drivers are always available.





I am sorry I can%26#39;t help you with the Gala dinner.





You will love the resort, it is beautiful. WIth a to die for breakfast.



They also have massages and hairbraiding on the beach at the resort.





Also the pools are just beautiful. I am jealous...





have fun




Hi,





I%26#39;m new to the forum but I am off to the merlin Beach Resort on Monday for two weeks. So when I get back I will write another reply letitng you know about the hotel. I really can%26#39;t wait either, though I am just a bit nervous about buying clothes out there. I have never been before.





Sara




Hi Sara,



I%26#39;m sure you%26#39;re going to have a fabulous time at the Merlin Beach resort and Thailand.



Enjoy, looking forward to your review on your return.



Nicky




Thankyou for replying with your info Nicky %26amp; Kaney - I do appreciate it. :-)





Sara - Off on Monday - lucky you - have a great time and we will be waiting with interest for your trip report and review on the Merlin Beach.





As for Emjay - I%26#39;m blowing raspberries at you - hahaha!!!! I should be thankful you only rubbed in how close it is till you go and didn%26#39;t make mention of the length of your trip in comparison to my piddly 9 days!!!





Thanks again ladies.





Lesley




Hi Lesley



Thanks for all your questions, we are at Merlin Beach in April, so I%26#39;ll just keep all the answers to your queries for future reference.



Lee




Oh yes thanks for reminding me!! It is now only 11 sleeps until I spend 45 days in Thailand! Hehehehehe!





Lee, yes I know I should be studying!!! I am multi skilled and being female can do two things at once ;-)





Reet xxx




Hi Lesley,



you asked all the questions I need answers too :-)





I know we upgraded our room from the basic, but does that mean we are in a deluxe or superior, and will that room have a safe?





We are also curious about the New Years eve Gala - our tour operator hasn%26#39;t mentioned it in the brochure, and when I phoned them they also didn%26#39;t know anything about it, but we are assuming we will have to partake!!!!!





I have also posted in another forum but wonder if any of you guys know the answer. As we are travelling from the UK what would be the best electriacal adaptor to bring. I know it is a rounded 2 pront (which we call a European adaptor) but it the voltage 110 or 240 - we are 240 in the UK and the European adaptors are 110v.





BTW, 4 weeks to day we will be on our way!!!!!!!!!!!


  • oreal
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment