Sunday, April 4, 2010

Which is better Samui or Phuket?

I have been to Thailand quite a few times but have never made it to Phuket I hear that it is even more touristy than Samui if that is possible.





I had intended to stay on Lamai beach in Samui but now I am thinking Phuket may be a possibilty as I have already seen Samui. I am looking for somewhere we can stay on a beach in a quietish area but not too far from a bit of nightlife and an airport as I have friends making the trip from Europe.



Can anybody give me some tips?





Ciaran



Which is better Samui or Phuket?


Hi, my husband and I have been to Phuket many times and then were persuaded my friends to go to Samui. I really love it at Lamai - Chaweng is great for shopping and nightlife but we are always glad to get back to Lamai - it is lovely to go to the beach at night and have dinner at a lovely little Thai restaurant right on the waters edge. It is VERY commercial in Phuket - we much prefer Samui because it is everything we want in a holiday - horses for courses as they say. Hope this helps a little.



Which is better Samui or Phuket?


hey...





me and 6 others are going to S Thailand on 22nd Dec. We heard Samui and Phulket are almost identical, in terms of nighlife, beach, price, amount of tourists and so on. but I have discovered near phuket, you have Phi Phi islands (they look amazing) which have accomodation surrounded by chilled out beaches...not too far from phuket%26#39;s buzzing nighlife.





check it out - phi phi islands are 2 hrs boat from phuket







hope helps





anotherpratik




Yeah we only want to stay in the one place as it%26#39;s only for a week so Phi Phi is out but cheers anyway for the idea. Kaz thanks a lot I thought as much myself but just wanted to hear someone else say it. I reckon we have the same tastes I like a drink but I don%26#39;t want the bar outside my bungalow. Thanks guys.




HI



Have been to both Samui %26amp; Phuket in the last two years.Still prefer Phuket .My favorite place is Merlin Beach Resort as it has 3 pools,swim up bar ,four restaurants and is 5 minutes ride to the night life of Patong Beach.



Another option is Le Meridien or Novotel Phuket



Regards



KIWIKEITH




Phuket is more touristy the Samui and I think they are both very much the same. However I do prefer the resorts on Phuket to Samui the luxury category is better hands down. However I would strongly consider the time of year you are travelling as Phuket and Samui are better in different seasons. I would travel to Phuket end of year (December period) and Samui mid-way through the year (June period). If you travel to Phuket for a change you may consider catching at boat to Phi Phi and spending a few night on a more remote island or even Ko Lanta.




Travelingmoe



You don`t mention the time of year you are thinking of travelling which is important weather wise. We went to Phuket in June last year and had a week of rain. still loved Phuket though. We stayed on Karon beach which is away from the hectic Patong but easily reached by Tuk Tuk for those all important nights out. For quieter evenings there are lots of bars and restaurants at Kaorn and Kata Beach. We stayed in a fantastic hotel called the Anadaman Seaview (andamanphuket.com) it is small and beautifully maintained and their delux rooms are like junior suites and their prices are a fraction of the cost of other equivilent hotels. It really is lovely.



Hope that helps. By the way Karon and Kata are much nicer beaches than Patong.

No comments:

Post a Comment