Sunday, April 4, 2010

Patpong vs Suan Lim

We might not have time to visit both these night markets.. if i had to make a choice between the two, which one should it be?



Patpong vs Suan Lim


I prefer the Suan Lum night market. Especially since its going to be destroyed in April, I%26#39;d prefer to visit Suan Lum. Patpong is also an ';adult'; touristy area, so its up to u to decide which one you want.





Patpong vs Suan Lim


I guess then we do Suan Lum first and just go to Patpong to see what its like for a bit if time permits.





Any recommendations on good eating places around Suan Lum?




Also would it be possible to do suan lum from 6.00 pm (which is when i guess it opens)till about 9 and then head to patpong to catch the night market there? or is it being over ambitious? how far are both the places by cab?




Hi,



We like both Patpong and Suan Lum and you could easily do both in one night,maybe not see all they have to offer though.Patpong is best for copy watches,CD%26#39;s,T shirts handbags etc whereas Suan Lum is better for handicrafts and souvenirs. We eat/drink in the ';beer garden'; at Suan Lum but there are restaurants all over the place.As far as distace apart,it%26#39;s not far at all but traffic congestion and one ways mean it can easily take30 mins by taxi.Trick is to catch the taxi going in the right direction otherwise they have to take a big detour to get in the right direction.




In my opinion Suan Lum markets are better and bigger. Lots of choice of eating places in the beer garden as well as some restaurants. It really isn%26#39;t terribly far to walk between Suan Lum and Patpong.




You can get to patpong from Suam Lumn by taking the MRT 1 stop to Sala dang then a short walk to patpong.



the MRT station exit comes up right at the night market





Last time I was at Suam lumn I found a shop that did Lazer crystal they take a pic of you and loved one and then do a 3-D image inside a crystal block. to me it is the best souvenier I ever bought.




wow, Sawadeeka, that sounds amazing. Was it very expensive?




Not that expensive I had two made 1 for me and 1 for my girlfriend



total was 2500 baht. they took 3 to 5 pics then you pick the best 1



I was there at 8 pm they had the finished product at my hotel the next morning by 8 am. by courier. they actualy woke me up to come down and sign for it.




I would love to have something like that made! Do you remember at all what part of Suan Lum the shop was at, or what it was called? (I don%26#39;t know why i am asking; i NEVER find anything i%26#39;m looking for specifically in bangkok; just stumble across things!)




Flutish



the address is





Divine Glass



Suan-Lum night bazaar



zone : Ayuthaya 8



Room: C/ 285-286



Tel phone 02 375 7901 2 9 am to 5 pm



tel phone 09 527 7635 5 pm to 12 pm





if you are in the middle of the beer garden head back towards the park. good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment