Sunday, April 4, 2010

Charley/Lum Yai Baby!!

Hi Richard %26amp; Co.





How fabulous with all the positive news from all concerned! Everyone loves a happy ending, which brings me to the subject ...would I be opening up a tin of worms if we start a %26#39;naming for the baby/s!%26#39;. I have no doubt there is so many clever minds out there that someone will come up with the perfect name for Charley%26#39;s and Lum Yai%26#39;s offspring so let%26#39;s all throw some ideas around.





May I start the ball rolling .....





%26#39;Charley%26#39;s Angel!%26#39; (my kids%26#39; choice)





Cheers



Tiff xxxx



Charley/Lum Yai Baby!!


Hi Tiffo





Interesting post and idea since there are so many now who are familiar with our frends at the center. If others decide to contribute to this there are a few things to consider.





The key point I guess would be the gender of the baby and the next could even be the colour. Anything including the names of the parents however may not be considered by the managment because just like a human the baby they would identify and answere to a name used all of the time. Consider how confusing it would be around your home having two kids with and answering to the same name.





It%26#39;s also hard to say if the baby will recieve a Western name or a Thai name. The newest addition to the center has been named ';Frank'; and if they decide to go with a Thai name anyone with a Thai dictionary will have the advantage.





I will let them know that you have started this post and begin saving and printing out a sheet of recommended names for both sexes. I have actualy considered this myself and have a few names in mind but I%26#39;ll wait and see what happens with this.





Regards From Phuket





Richard %26amp; Megumi



Charley/Lum Yai Baby!!


Are we jumping the gun here (could be a shotgun wedding?!). Mr Mor told me he hasn%26#39;t had a chance to examine Lum Yai yet in his capacity as trained vet... so do we know for sure or is someone monkeying around?




Good job there Charley!!!!



I may have to start saving some cash to revisit the bubs. When baby arrives I hope someone post photos on net.





Cheers from Adelaide,



Troy




Hey all :)





If I%26#39;m not mistaken, there%26#39;s the trend that if it%26#39;s a boy, it%26#39;s a western name (Charley and Frank) and a girl, a thai name (Lum Yai)...





Was Frank named after the beloved late Frank? If so, maybe if it%26#39;s a boy, it could be named after Richard! Mind you, that would cause even more confusion in photos *lol*





What about Phuket Rose (or the thai version of it) for a girl?





Happy naming!



Charmaine




Has the baby been born yet? If so any photos and name?



Regards Troy




hello there you have obvioulsy been to the rehab centre%26gt;could you please let me know Phuket Richards email address as we would love to go in Jan.Please dont take offence at my log in name it was just done in desperation.




Hi,



this is PhuketRichards e-mail address



richard@phuket-scuba-diving.com



Nicky




Thank you for your swft reply Nicky.I just hope that we can get a tour;




Aside from naming the baby, I am wondering how the dynamics of the center will change with the new ';arrival%26#39;. When we were there in October, the obvious sign of an extending belly was showing in Lum Yai and we were told not to touch her nipples...sensitive like human...imagine that?





I%26#39;m glad we got to see the new to be parents prior to the arrival as they may be very protective and not come around as they do now.





My last vision of Lum Yai was her chasing our Tuk-Tuk down the road as we left, arms raised in air, her version of ';goodbye';. It was the most incredible experience I have ever had w/a mammal (other than my husband, ha!) and look forward to the ';name game';.





Hi to Richard from the Cheeze Whiz gal from California!




Babs, the hubby comment cracked me up, very funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment