Sunday, April 4, 2010

Similana Resort: For Tedkarma and others

Tedkarma, your and others%26#39; posts have me interested in going to the Similana Resort with my wife about a year from now. A couple of questions:





1. If we have our pick of Deluxe Chalets, which one(s) would you most recommend in terms of privacy? In terms of sunset views, if any?



2. My wife is a woman of admirably simple tastes in most respects, but she likes to watch an occasional movie on vacation. I see that Similana has televisions in their rooms. I assume it doesn%26#39;t have DVDs. Do you know whether it gets any cable English language channels that would have movies?





I%26#39;d welcome any additional comments from you or others familiar with Similana. Thanks!



Similana Resort: For Tedkarma and others


Sorry, I just thought of a couple of other matters.





1. How quiet are the deluxe chalets? How far are the deluxe chalets from the road and from any other sources of noise. I realize this can change, but is there any construction going on nearby?



2. Are there other restaurants within walking distance?





Thanks again.



Similana Resort: For Tedkarma and others


I will try to answer your questions as best I can.





1.



Deluxe Chalets #1-6 offer the best views as they are in the front row. #6, then 5 then 4 then 3 would offer the best privacy.





2.



Simple TV, no DVD that I recall - nor can I recall what channels were available. This is a relatively simple Thai resort - so will not have all the bells and whistles of some other places.





3.



Last I was there - no construction in the area at all - nor for any distance near by. Quiet! Peaceful!





4.



Restaurants: One to the right as you hit the beach - around the rocky outcropping - probably not more than 100 meters. Two to the left as you walk toward the beach probably 500 meters or less. Some photos of the ones to the left are at the bottom of the page here:





khaolaklovers.com/Khao_Lak_Restaurants.html





Hope that helps!




Great! Thanks very much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment