Monday, December 12, 2011

Tedkarma heading to Khao Lak next week - questions?

I%26#39;ll be up in Khao Lak for a day late next week and am happy to field any questions about the area. If you would like to know the progress on a rebuilding resort, how much construction is going on in an area, how the beach is looking somewhere - please ask! Also, I love to try new restaurants. Might the Sports Grill is on the agenda this time.





Generally, I am not assertive enough to demand measurements of bathtubs and to force my way into rooms to measure bed sizes - but anything I can do from outside a room - I am happy to do.





Post it here - and I will respond here.



Tedkarma heading to Khao Lak next week - questions?


Thinking of spending 5 days in Khao Lak early January. My only reservation is the construction, which seems an issue for a number of people. What will the situation be do you think. My shortlist for accomodation is Haadson Resort and BaanKhaolak Resort which are both brand new (if not even finished yet!). The Amandana and the Similana - which i know you have recommended before.





After 20 days of diving and jungle in Borneo and then Cambodia (Phnom Penn and Siem Reap), we want some relaxation. Any thoughts and/or recommendations greatly appreciated.



Tedkarma heading to Khao Lak next week - questions?


Similana is fully booked - so thats out ...anywhere else?



Thanks again




I guess high season - and even peak season - are soon upon us.





One of my favorite places on Nang Thong Beach - where I tend to stay when not at the Similan is the Nang Thong Bay Resort. It is just a few resorts north of the Baan Khao Lak.





The Baan Khao Lak, when finished, will be even nicer than it was originally. The Haadson - I am not familiar with - so will take a look at it next week and give you a report.




Hi Tedkarma



Thanks again for sharing your knowledge and time writing reports.



We have booked 5 days at the Baan Khao Lak Resort in May next year. If you have time could you cast your eye over it and give us an overall impression.



Enjoy your break Thanks again.




I will be happy to do so. Should be up there in the next five days - just depends on what happens on a couple other things.





Look for a report on this board - but I will also put one on the Q %26amp; A Board at www.khaolaklovers.com





I look forward to the BKL opening their restaurant - one of the better ones around pre-tsunami.




dear ted



we came as a family of 5 to khao lak last new year and stayed at the Ayara villas. One of my daughters has a friend who was badly injured aand lost family members in the tsunami in Khao lak. We had a spiritually uplifting time there and came away in love with the area .



My wife and I plan to return this new year for a fortnight. We loved Ayara-friendly,clean and comfortable with an amazing position-but sadly they cant have us for the whole period. Where would you recommend if anywhere which has their blend of comfort with reasonable prices?



Hope you can help. Many thanks



George Hitchins




For places that have some similar or very Thai character - take a look at the Baan Krating on the south end of the Nang Thong Beach - GREAT views. And consider also the Similana - lots of Thai character - out on Pakweeb Beach, one of the best beaches around for beachcombing. Both are bungalow style resorts. Baan Krating just bit more upscale than Similana.





After that - Perhaps Baan Khao Lak - just for great location on Nang Thong Beach.





Hope that helps.




Thank you very much for the amazingly fast response with the info-have checked out their sites and will try to book one. Very much appreciated. If I have problems raising any of them could I ask whether you could get phone nos?




Sorry to butt in here,George, but you can actually book both hotels via Ted%26#39;s own site right here: http://khaolaklovers.com/hotels.htm





Hope this helps.





Cheers,





Gary




I made the run up to Khao Lak yesterday - and an update is posted here:





tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g303917-i9350-k878…





Things are looking GREAT!


  • eyebrows liner
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment