Wednesday, December 7, 2011

How much spends!!

Hiya,





Planning first trip to Thailand next Dec, thing is, I havent a CLUE what to take in terms of spends!





I%26#39;ll be arriving into Bangkok for 2 nights, then flying to Phuket for 5 nights, then back to Bangkok for 3 nights then back home to London. Im not too bothered about going to fancy restaurants, after all - i%26#39;ll be on a budget, but don%26#39;t want the eatery to be like a hell hole if you know what i mean! I have no idea of how much food is out there (English or Thai). Plus, is the transport cheap? Flight to Phuket from Bangkok?





Your help would be appreciated, thanks!





GG



How much spends!!


food is great plentyful and cheap you can always find good food for under 100 baht. I eat mostly from the street and sidewalk vendors.



but have been know to frequent nice restuarants also. I usually budget 100 dollars USA per day for food, tours ,shopping. domestic travel and



whatever else I might want to do.





your first time in Bangkok will be a sensory overload too many different smells, sounds, and mass confusion. heat and humidity but after a day or two you will be fine. I can now walk down a street pick out certain smells and go directly to my favortie foods from 1/2 block away.



How much spends!!


Hi Genuine



Just returned from Bangkok/Phuket. The other respondent makes a lot of sense and is good advice, My son and I ate from the cheapest ie 100bht up to 2500 ( for two) for a fresh fish meal. Still ate in good ish restaurants for less than 1000bht for two. We both have healthy appetites as well.



I have just put a post into the Bangkok forum concerning Nationwide Flex Account Cards. If you have one ok sorry to waste time, but if you haven%26#39;t it%26#39;s well worth considering as it could save you money.



We stayed 15 mins out of Patong was negotiated to 200 bht- this seemend to work for the return as well. Tours ie Phi Phi or James Bond show in the local brochures as being 2500 up, but they are discounting by at least 50% as I think there are fewere tourists in town thatn they hoped for- expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment