Monday, December 12, 2011

Klong Prao Beach + Klong Prao Resort?

Hi!



Any info about Klong Prao Beach (I think it is the next beach to south from White sand beach)? How is the water here? Clean? Clear? Nice and blue? is it very deep or shallow/save to swim?



And how is the ocean in July? very strong waves/currents?





Is there any shops + tailors + restaurants near Klong Prao?





Any comments about the hotel Klong Prao resort?



Klong Prao Beach + Klong Prao Resort?


In July it depend son the weather. One day it%26#39;ll be calm the next there will be metre high waves. It can be rough and people drown off Koh Chang in the rainy season every year, mainly due to the cirrents which arent noticeable from the beach.





There are often strong currents off Klong Prao beach, but the beach slopes gently into the sea so tou can feel the current on your legs when you walk into the water as the water is shallow, no sudden drop off.





Probably not too blue in July as if there ahve been stomrs at sea then it will be murky. ( Now the water is very clear.)





There are a couple of shopping plazas with snall shops, tailors, supermarket, tour agencies, restaurants etc at the north enf otg Klong Prao beach 10-15 minutes walk from Klong Prao Resort.





Go for the VIP Rooms or new bungalows at KP Resort.



Klong Prao Beach + Klong Prao Resort?


Have stayed at Klong Phrao Resort - not bad at all. The sea is very rough as a rule june - oct. it rained non-stop for eight days when we were there. i now go to Chang every dec/jan.....when the weather is perfect.




I stayed at KP Resort over a year ago (Aug) and I won%26#39;t be going back. I had been a regular customer of theirs; my brother got married there, with all the extra guests that involved.



Later I booked 2 rooms in August 2005 and set off to stay there. On the way there, the agent in Trat rang to tell me there was building work going on and if I wanted to cancel that would be OK. I explained that we would be arriving at 6 pm and unless she had somewhere in mind I would have to stay there for the night and as we were only staying 2 days there wasn%26#39;t much chance of finding another place without wasting the hole break.



Now the reason she had rung me is that I%26#39;d made a reservation directly with the hotel and they hadn%26#39;t informed me of the building work in progress. As a regular I%26#39;d asked for a discount and they offered me 50 baht...as it was the wet season but still without mentioning the building work. Now the agent in Trat obviously recognised my name as a regular and as soon as she realised who it was rang me to tell me, but even she didn%26#39;t point out the extent of the ongoing work. On arriving, the place was a total shambles.



There were buildings going up everywhere, excavators on the beach, machinery being operated everywhere



When I asked for a further discount as we couldn鈥檛 move out I was told that I鈥檇 already been given the maximum discount.



Whet irks me is that the hotel knew full well at the time they rented me the room that the whole place was running building site yet they felt perfectly justified in not telling me and charging nearly the full wet season rate, and to a regular customer.



BTW, when I say regular, I probably booked 18 rooms in as many months.





The trouble with Klong Prao is that so long as you don鈥檛 have a problem you will be OK but if anything goes wrong, there is little chance you will get it sorted. My room that time had several small faults...no TV, locks not working, but there was no chance of getting any of this fixed.....once you have paid that鈥檚 it....you gets what you get.....it may be OK but if something goes awry...you鈥檙e on your own.





I might add that the old charge in the wet was about 1800 to 2000 baht; as soon as they decorate, they told me they were going to charge 3500. This kind of pricing makes Koh Chang just about the most expensive destination in Thailand.



People coming from Europe think that this is cheap but if you compare like with like, KC is the worst VFM by far in the country.





So I will visit Koh Chang from time to time,....I鈥檓 extremely disturbed by the rampant overdevelopment of the place but I have friends who live there....



Oh yes...they did offer me compensation....they said next time I stay they would give me 1 night free.....so they spoil 2 nights, prove to be the kind of people I don鈥檛 want to do business with and then expect me to stay there again??? It鈥檒l be a cold day in hell before I stay at K Prao again....




Whilko,





We had a bad experience there too which came back to mind when reading your post. We stayed there about four years ago (maybe three). A friend who had raved about the place when staying at songkran, told us all about the wonderful buffet breakfasts/seafood buffet dinners,great staff and so on. Well, when we went in august,low season obviously, on our way to that ';island'; restaurant they have, I stopped by to see the manager and asked if the buffet was on and he curtly informed us that we could ';choose from menu';. We had already paid for our meals in advance from BKK. There were about three main courses to choose from and they were buiding a new block just behind (yes at dinner time). That and the rain made us leave earlier than planned. But as i said before, we actually liked the room that have a sea-view at the front and the lagoon/mountains backdrop behind. Whew...long paragraph. Anyway, we also decided never to stay there again and I agree with your comments on Chang in general, though I do like the northern ends of both white sands beach and khlong phrao.





B.Gas




Yes...the breakfast buffet at low season....mine was so bad I took photos!



It is the attitude that they don%26#39;t have to tell you that they are running with half the facilities, and once they have your money they don%26#39;t give a tinker%26#39;s cuss that really annoys me.




khao jai!

No comments:

Post a Comment