Monday, December 12, 2011

Krabi, Ko Phi Phi or Ko Lanta

I am going on my honeymoon in Januray to Thailand and am not sure where to visit. I am deciding between Krabi, Ko Phi Phi, and Ko Lanta. We want a relaxing vacation, but also not too remote. We definitely Iwant beauty as well. f you had six days on the beach where would you go?



We are also looking for a hotel to stay at. We want luxury, but given the fact that we are going during peak season we cannot afford $500+ a night hotels. Any suggestions?



Krabi, Ko Phi Phi or Ko Lanta


Where in Krabi? Ao Nang? as Krabi Town is not anything like what you want. Ko Lanta is the most remote of the three and Ao Nang the least remote and the beach there is no where near as good as that on Ko Lanta and Phi Phi.



Phi Phi has a lot of young people looking for parties and backpackers which apparently turns many honeymooners off the place. I can not tell you about Koh Lanta as I will only be travelling there for the first time in a few weeks. I chose it because of it%26#39;s remote feeling yet it still has a number of restaurants and tourist orientated activities.



I would check out sites like asiarooms.com, sawadee.com and morethailand.com for hotels but I do not see why in Jan you would need to pay anywhere near USD500 for a 5 star resort this is Thailand you may have to pay that on Christmas Eve and New Year but not in Jan.



Krabi, Ko Phi Phi or Ko Lanta


Thank you so much for your info. I think we have narrowed it down to two different hotels. Either the Nakamanda in Krabi or the Sarojin in Khao Lak. Have you stayed at either of these hotels or are you familiar with them? The Sarojin has gotten great reviews and looks like there are some cool things to do nearby. I am not sure about Khao Lak as a whole though. Your thoughts?



I will be sure to check out the site you mentioned. Thank you again for all help.




No I am not I am only familar with Bangkok. Phi Phi, Phuket and Koh Samui this will be my first time travelling to Krabi and Koh Lak may in the future be on the agenda.

No comments:

Post a Comment