Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Getting Cash Overseas Nationwide UK ::Information

Just a follow up to some other mails I have seen concerning accesing Money/ using credit cards.





I took advice from the site on taking a Nationwide Flex Account Card with me. So glad I did. It took a week to open the account, I opened it my local branch not on the Web it%26#39;s quicker that way. They gave me an overdraft as well, and I don%26#39;t Bank with them nor do I work for them.





I put cash into it before I left. I used the card (Visa) in Bangkok and Phuket no problem to withdraw safe amounts of Baht. Checked the balance today and can confirm no charges were made and they gave me an average rate of 69/拢. Maybe just maybe a bit of a win with the Banks. I guess this won%26#39;t last but while it does....



Cheers



Dave



Getting Cash Overseas Nationwide UK ::Information


That%26#39;s interesting I bank with the Halifax and if I use my debit/cash card(not credit card) in an ATM they will charge me 1.75% and give me their normal exchange rate which was equivalent to 62 bht to the 拢.The lady who gave me this information addmitted she has a Nationwide card just for this purpose! I can get sterling TC%26#39;s from Thomas Cook no commission(they tell me we are ';VIP'; customers,should think so too after what we%26#39;ve spent with them of late) and I can get close to 70 bht in Bangkok.



Getting Cash Overseas Nationwide UK ::Information


I can also confirm this.....I%26#39;ve had a Flex account for several years and no matter where in the world I go I%26#39;ve NEVER been charged by Nationwide, and always get top dollar exchange-rate-wise either at ATM%26#39;s or buying goods in-shop. If my memory serves me right the only place I%26#39;ve been charged is Las Vegas, but it was the banks in LV that did the charging....NOT Nationwide!!

No comments:

Post a Comment