Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Klong tours

How long does a Klong tour take? Where do you book this from? And how much does it cost? More important, is it highly recommended or something one can skip... sorry but theres so much to see in bangkok and so little time i just cant make up my mind on what to see and what to skip!!



Klong tours


I would suggest you could skip it.





I did it recentlyand ended up with a sore back.





The river is choppy with the amount of traffic and the smaller tour boats dont like the choppy water.





Unless you nweed or want to use the river taxis I would skip it.





Only MP



Klong tours


Hi Nuts-Bout Travel,



We were in Bangkok on 26 Oct - 2 Nov and we did a klong tour. I guess it depends what you are interested in. We wanted to do the tour because we wanted to see a lot of the thai culture and how people live etc. My husband is a photographer and was totally blowen away by what he saw, amazed at how people could live in some of the houses. It ranges from what looks like almost poverty to mansions along the canals. Not to mention all the thai people we saw were so friendly and were always smiling and waving at us especially the kids. We only did the canals, not the actual river itself so we did not experience any choppy water, it was a little choppy in the river but I%26#39;m used to choppy water and it certainly didn%26#39;t have white caps on it. To us it was totally worth it, but we were also with Tong who has a knack of arranging things to perfection. So I don%26#39;t know what your experience would be if you arranged it by yourself. Either way have a great time in Bangkok, I just can%26#39;t wait to go back and think about it every day. PS our Klong tour took around 1-1.5hrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment