Monday, December 12, 2011

One day in BKK with kids - where to stay?

Hi all,



After a week in BKK, we%26#39;ll be going to a beach, then returning for one day, since our flight out is at 6am. I%26#39;d like to stay somewhere more interesting than an airport hotel, since traffic shouldn%26#39;t be a huge issue the morning of our departure. It doesn%26#39;t have to be in the city, but should be someplace where we can walk around or do something with the kids. A decent restaurant would be nice too.



Thanks,



temple



One day in BKK with kids - where to stay?


Sukhumvit area is always my choice. There are ample restaurants, shopping, a park, access to Skytrain. Depending on how much time you have on the last day and what might entertain the kids, Silom is also an option. My suggestion is choose a mid price, or even less expensive hotel, since you will not be in the room much except to sleep and will not even eat breakfast at the restaurant.





I always stay at the Regency park on Sukhumvit 22, about 40-45 USD booked through a website. There is a park with a playground for my son, shopping for my wife, a cigar star and plenty of places for a beer for myself, all within 5 minutes walk. There are dozens of other suitable hotels though.

No comments:

Post a Comment